3M IV Kit (For Peripheral Lines), Each Piece
3M I.V. Kit (For Peripheral Lines)
1) a Latex-free Tourniquet
2) a CHG Swab
3) a Tegaderm 1633 dressings
4) a Sterile Gauze Swab
Details of Kit: The I.V. Kit is conformant with the latest CDC and INS Guidelines and makes conforming to them easy and convenient.
1) The Latex- Free Tourniquet is Non-Reusable as cited "Reusable venesection tourniquets : A Potential Source of hospital transmission of multiresistant organisms" - * CDC Guidelines for Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011, ** Medical Journal of Australia
2) The CHG Swab is impregnated with 70% IsoPropyl Alcohol and 2% ChlorHexidine Gluconate Solution as cited "Prepare clean skin with antiseptic (70% alcohol, tincture of iodine or alcoholic chlorhexidine solution) before peripheral venous catheter insertion"  - Category 1B, * CDC Guidelines for Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011" and "Prepare clean skin with a >0.5% chlorhexidine preparation with alcohol before central venous catheter and peripheral arterial catheter insertion and during dressing changes. If there is a contraindication to chlorhexidine, tincture of iodine, an iodophor or 70% alcohol can be used as alternatives" [82, 83] - Category 1A, * CDC Guidelines for Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011.
3) Tegaderm 1633 are Sterile, Transparent, Breathable Waterproof film dressings designed to secure the catheter in challenging I.V. applications. It has Notched designs provide a better seal around the catheter, Sterile tape strips to secure catheter wings, Breathable film allows moisture vapor and oxygen exchange. The Transparency of the film allows monitoring of I.V. sites without the need to remove the dressing. Picture-frame style allows one-handed application and less waste. Unique, non-adhesive handles allow for hassle-free application. Waterproof dressing provides a breathable bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower. The citation "Use Sterile, Transparent, Semi-Permeable dressing to cover the catheter site" [84-87] Category 1A, * CDC Guidelines for Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011
4) a Sterile Gauze swab to handle backflash from the veins.
Suggested Applications :
For Insertion and Dressing change of Peripheral Devices and catheters, midline venous catheters, Central venous catheters (including subclavian, jugular, femoral and PICCs), Implanted infusion devices (ports), Dialysis catheters, Pulmonary artery catheters, Arterial catheters, ,Epidural catheters, Insulin pump catheters, Scalp vein needles, Feeding tubes